The Home Depot - Not trained properly to perform job and not enough employees to help customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Not trained properly to perform job and not enough employees to help customers"

Former Employee - Hourly Employee in New Albany, IN
Former Employee - Hourly Employee in New Albany, IN

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical and dental insurance were good. The majority of the customers were very nice and friendly people.

Cons

The management at the New Albany, Indiana store was very uneducated and unsupportive. Employee turnover was extremely high, because of the extremely more management of this location. I heard many negative comments from employees about mexicans, hispanics and homosexuals. I have never encountered any comments like these before anywhere I have worked. I have been in the workforce for over 30 years.

Advice to Management

I truly don't think upper management cares. With such high turnover of employees it has to be obvious to an idiot that something is wrong.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Absolutely LOVE the company but I hate what this Administration is making them do to employers."

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time

Pros

Success Sharing, strong integrity, large investment in associates, strong product training, fantastic employee discounts.

Cons

This is the second store I have worked in. The first store I worked in (0405) has a manager who has absolutely NO people skills whatsoever. He does make the company money though so it is clear that as long as that happens he will be able to continue to be as abusive and hateful as he wants to be.

Advice to Management

You seem to put associates first but if that is true, please look at the people you put into store management and be courageous enough to see that you may have made a mistake and be courageous enough to do something about it.

The Home Depot Response

Sep 24, 2013 – Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others. Our associates are encouraged to adopt and adapt good ideas from others, and initiate creative and... More

2. "Home Depot has given me the experience necessary for a high volume, grea customer service driven company."

Current Employee - Customer Order Specialist in Bainbridge, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Order Specialist in Bainbridge, OH

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have learned how to better multi-task, schedule appointments, coordinate customer installations, problem solve should issues arise quickly and efficiently, and to have a personable relationship with everyone from other associates to every customer I encounter.

Cons

The only downside would be other associates work ethic may not be to the higher standard I hold myself to. I hope that I can be a role model and encourage others to be great at everything they do big or small.

Advice to Management

I have only encountered management that is patient, kind, knowledgeable, and most of all personable. They all have been amazing at getting to know me on a personal level as opposed to treating me like a number or just an employee. I know I matter. They all want the best for me and to see me succeed. They see that I am driven and want more for myself always be it knowledge or a higher position with more responsibilities.