The Home Depot - My experience has been one of growth and development. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"My experience has been one of growth and development."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Training... The company invests time to coach, teach, and train.

Cons

Sometimes the hours are not desirable... But you will have that with any job.

Nov 18, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. “Taking Care of Our People” is one of our core values. We try our best to accommodate our associates’ needs.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Only For The hard Working And Close Mouthed"

Current Employee - Pro Paint Sales Specialist in West Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Pro Paint Sales Specialist in West Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you take direction well, have a consistent good work ethic AND a consistent positive attitude, The Home Depot can become a career. You can move positions once or twice in a year and slowly work your way up the "food chain". Although you must always try to go above and beyond, whether it's with how you left your department looking after closing or if it's how well you assisted that irritated customer that had been misdirected twice already. Praise is given when you have REALLY earned it. I've moved six times in just three years, getting four small raises.

Cons

The raises are minimal. Until you get into management you don't make much. (The previous statement really applies to people about 30 and under without outstanding resumes.) Also, depending on the personalities of the people in management, you may seem to feel unappreciated. As soon as you realize you should never hold high expectations for Home Depot OR any of your coworkers, you will do fine. Fend for yourself.

Advice to Management

When working with people, obviously some need to just be told what to do, but ask for an associates help. Asking someone is always better than "You have to get this done tonight, okay?". Some managers have it down. Also, communicate with other managers. Communication seems to be the issue in every store, and I've worked in three stores in three states.

Oct 29, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback. Keep up the great work!

2. "Leading edge technical experience"

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great technical stack - lots of interesting projects. Would recommend overall - much improved in the last 3 years. The connection of customer across all the retail selling channels provides access to many interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Fast moving - not a place to coast and relax

Nov 18, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to customer service.