The Home Depot - I like that what the Home Depot does in general is to educate the DIY'er about the whole project and what they will need | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"I like that what the Home Depot does in general is to educate the DIY'er about the whole project and what they will need"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate gives all the associates the ability to make the customer happy without having to first get permission. We have a small monetary leeway to satisfy our customers and it's useful.
There are also many unexpected benefits, such as meals provided periodically, contests and competitions with chances to win days off with pay etc.

Cons

Home Depot used to offer healthcare to both part-time and full-time employees but now only offers it to full-time.
The pay could be better.

Advice to Management

Communication within the chain of command would be suggested.

Nov 20, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Get me out of here!"

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked with my other jobs schedule.

Cons

One week you will work 12 hours, one week you will work 4, the next week (holiday week) you will work 35 hours. You can never live off the money they pay you, Pay raises are 20 cents a year, the success sharing bonuses are laughable. My store last half was 120% over plan and we each got an astonishing $35 check. - Pathetic. No one ever acknowledges your good work. Sexual Harassment on the daily from both co-workers and customers. HR knows about issue and wont do anything about it. You always feel like your in a fishbowl and management is just watching you, waiting for you to screw up.

Advice to Management

Within the last month, we have had 8 employees quit on the spot or give their notice. You are going to see more turn over if you don't stop micro-managing and playing favoritism.

Nov 26, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are unable to comment on your specific experience, we value our associates and ... More

2. "Pro Desk Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Pro Desk Associate in Homer Glen, IL
    Former Employee - Pro Desk Associate in Homer Glen, IL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pro Desk Employees usually work AM to take care of contractors.Some stores will have one associate work a Saturday.Employees are very friendly and helpful to other associates.

Cons

Home Depots Deliveries to contractors more than 25 miles from the store cannot be a morning delivery.Unless your customers goes to another store closer to his job site. Which doesn't make since to your customer. Management has a hard time discounting or matching competitor pricing. The clerk is in the middle and made to feel as thou He's doing something wrong. Management rarely available when needed or called.Leaving you to make decisions you will be accountable for later.

Advice to Management

Many in management don't know how the Pro Desk work.They do understand one thing and that is sales dollars.They just don't want to be involved in helping you earn more sales through customer service needed for the Pro Contractor. Pricing and deliveries are Home Depots biggest weaknest.

Nov 20, 2013 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.