The Home Depot - Many years spent in the end your only as good as your perceived. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Many years spent in the end your only as good as your perceived."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good bonus and stock option. When your liked your treated very well. Lots of good fellow employees make it worth while. Pays better than the other retailers i worked for previously. Vacation pay for salaried employees is good too.

Cons

Long hours as expected in retail management. It does not allow for work life balance. Sadly no one has your back unless your in the group or are winning team. District team covers their tracks and offers no help only tells you what you have done wrong. Be ready for the District manage to make a examples out of you in front of your colleagues and customers. Very long work hours and 6 day weeks every spring and inventory months. Your store will vary by what store manager you have and if they want to help you not get trouble with the boss. The company values do not apply to you if your an asm.

Advice to Management

You should make the district team do their jobs. They show up and just point out whats wrong. When things are good they sit and talk nice to you. They do not train us managers or offer help. It seems there is an agenda to terminate managers before bonus time. The lp team gets people fired people for helping customers? The HRs in many districts came from the same company as the RHRM. That really allowed? I worked in D278 and you should check on what they are not doing, i think you would be surprised. But please dont take it out on the store. Lots of good people working in your stores there.

Feb 5, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. Our associates are key to our success. We strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are respected, their contributions are valued and they have... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Great! Love it here."

Current Employee - Proofreader in West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Proofreader in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing bad about it. I really love it here.

Cons

Company so big. But it's been growing fast.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jan 24, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with The Home Depot.

"Life Changing. I am still recovering Financially"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Products. Ok Financing. Training I received in Atlanta was Great however we should have been there another week at the least.

Cons

No Advertising, No Marketing, Sales Manager had no idea what was going on. Not enough training at Corporate or District Level. Zero Product Training. Old School Sales Techniques. No gas compensation, no compensation unless products were sold and then you wait up to 2 months to get all of your money. Installation. What it takes THD to install in 6 weeks local companies can install the same product in 2 weeks The more you get away from the local market the more you alienate the customer. Lots of chiefs and not enough Indians. Whenever something changes it is at the detriment of the sales people.

Advice to Management

Let Sales Managers Manage not fill out reports day in and day out. One size does not fit all.There are different Markets even in Home Improvements, Price accordingly. Change up some products in different markets. Invest in some marketing of HP Home Services. Do not send sales reps on 1 windows calls or to homes that aren't even owned by the people getting estimate. On a larger scale Home Depot is out-dated. It needs a face lift. You are fast becoming second best. Everything about your Marketing is old and dusty.

Feb 3, 2014 – Client Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. We have shared your feedback with others.