The Home Depot - Great Corporation. Pay could be better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Great Corporation. Pay could be better"

Current Employee - Online Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Online Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Profit sharing

Cons

Pay could be a bit more competitive

Advice to Management

Promotions should be clearly laid out

The Home Depot Response

Apr 2, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Friendly people with room to grow"

Current Employee - Head Cashier
    Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Home Depot offers a lot of room to grow within the company. There are opportunities to cross train and the managers want to see you exceed. In my first few months I was already learning so much.

Cons

They push HD credit cards like crazy. If you are in a leadership position, especially on the front end, be prepared to get hounded about meeting credit goals every week. It can get pretty stressful.

Advice to Management

Spend more time on hands-on training. Most employees appear to finish the hours of online training and then they are just thrown onto the floor. Everyone seems to pick things up quickly, but there is always room for growth.

The Home Depot Response

Apr 2, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback. At The Home Depot, we strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected. Taking care of our people is one of our core... More

"Don't stay too long if you don't get a raise, they will not recognize your job or you!"

Current Employee - Cashier in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Cashier in Ogden, UT

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, lay back, flexible hours.

Cons

You can dress as a homeless, nobody care! Very poor pay, not raise if you don't kiss ppl asses, too much competition , some ppl doesn't work and are lazy, a lot if departments with no associate at busy hours, you have to be happy ( always!!!!!) even when you have a problem or are unhappy with the job, no space for your ideas, not recognition, A LOT of pressure to open HD credit cards and they don't give you anything as a prize when u open it ( SOMETIMES you can have a soda free if you are luck), if you don't ask costumes what they need somebody is gonna force you to do it, they only see the bad things you do but not the good things.

Advice to Management

Improve the pay and motivate ppl, sometimes associates could be FIRST and not only customers.