The Home Depot - Amazing!! If you know what your doing... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Amazing!! If you know what your doing..."

Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Special Services Associate in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, lots of perks like free food often, 15 minute breaks every 2 hours. Lunch breaks, bonuses every couple of months or so, generally nice managers, great people to work with!

Cons

If you dont know how to do everything in your department.. People will get mad at you. Even if you are in a different department just walking through and they need help with something and you dont know the answer, you will look pretty stupid. Its important to learn as much as possible and work with the customer to help solve their problems.

Advice to Management

More and better training!! Not this online 2 week long class that makes no sense. Real, hands on training. I am convinced the best way to run this is to have everyone be taught every department and have the employee choose which department they want to be in, for example if someone likes lumber and walks through an electrical isle he will know what he is talking about and he will be working in a department that he likes and wants to be in.

May 16, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to customer service. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Good place to work - with the right management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Flooring and Walls in Copiague, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Flooring and Walls in Copiague, NY

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always promoted department related training. Good team building events. Most coworkers were willing to help out/cover other departments when necessary.

Cons

Lazy coworkers and ineffective managers made for much of the grunt work to fall on the same core group of people day after day. Became a big problem at the store, especially during closing. There is no reason why all of the days clean up tasks should be left to the night people, especially on a weekday.

Advice to Management

Promote/compliment/give raises to those that show initiative and put in the hard work. Just because someone is a part time associate does not mean that they don't take pride in providing excellent customer service. Don't let the few butt-smoochers - managers and associates alike - take all the credit for a department's success. Celebrate the entire team, not just the full time 'stars'.

Jun 3, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking... More

2. "Good Job while in college"

Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Pro Account Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for college student. People I worked with were great

Cons

Pay was very low for the amount of work especially for supervisors. Made me want to leave the company because going from my position to supervisor would triple the work with very meager increase in money not worth it.

Advice to Management

Make it more appealing to become a supervisor.

Jun 3, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are... More