The Home Depot - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tallahassee, FL
Former Employee - Head Cashier in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great System
Great Work Culture
Great Benefits
Great Earning Potential

Cons

Really no cons I can think of. If I had a passion for retail, I could see myself still there to this day.

Advice to Management

I really had no problems working at The Home Depot. it was a great opportunity for me. I worked for the company for 4 years and received a position in my field of study after graduating from college. While I was there, it was many opportunities for promotions and raises. In addition, the work culture was great and they were very flexible around my personal schedule. Great Company.

Jun 13, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your employment with The Home Depot. We appreciate all of your hard work.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"A company that at one time supported the values they created for their employees to learn and live by while working."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

support for the internal (employees) community via employees, and funding from corporate for assistance in various outreach applications
    support for the outer (public) community through various ongoing charitable enterprises
    supports all communities and lifestyles
    potential for advancement is plausible
    okay benefits for full time associates

Cons

clear and pronounced underdevelopment of promoted salaried managers, hourly managers, associates
    poor training opportunities and implementation of such
    intermittent accountability across the board
    non existing work life balance
    bonuses are not what is promoted
    no connection from policy makers to areas of implementation
    used to be a solid company that supported the values they created
    not enough well trained associates to assist customers
    salary....newer employees will not see similar salaries as tenured employees currently make, mainly in regards to hourly associates

Advice to Management

stop performance punishment by making bonus plans unrealistic
    give more bonuses to all using all matrix-might increase productivity and help with accountability
    scheduling system matrix may be a great numbers matrix but basing schedules on last years productivity is counterproductive.....last year was last year, it has no practical application to current day of current year

Jul 3, 2014 – Client Partner

Our nearly 300,000 associates share The Home Depot’s “orange-blooded” culture, which encourages inclusion, passion and respect both within the company and extending to all parts of our lives. Thank ... More

2. "Out of control but fun!"

Former Employee - Bookkeeper, Paint Associate, Service Desk, Cashier in Denver, CO

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at home depot you get to touch so many lives through home improvement, its a great feeling!

Cons

Its like being in high school again..you become close friends then the drama starts!

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the people who DON'T REALLY WORK no matter how long they have been with the company! Its better to get rid of bad seeds then to let them grow and rot the company!

Jun 18, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.