The Home Depot - One location was GREAT, another location was not as good... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"One location was GREAT, another location was not as good..."

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at The Home Depot part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent training and a friendly atmosphere. One location I worked at for almost a year before moving. They were very much like a family. Everyone knew each other and worked well together. That store was very successful.

Cons

Managers of the store make all the difference in the work environment. I could tell that a store wasn't managed very well and it made the job harder for everyone to work together.

Advice to Management

Pick store managers very wisely and listen to lower employees about how to make the store run smoother.

Jun 26, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"This place will work you in the ground then chastise you! 12 year veteran."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

3 weeks vacation. Its a job.

Cons

What ever you do is not good enough! Never enough staff to help out and the rules only apply when management wants them to. Such a joke of a place to work now. Was a great place to work. Those days are gone before depot got money greedy. Shame they lost their values for associates! Oh don't bother trying to move up in south fla if your not hispanic!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop discriminating against anglo Americans! Quit shoving how high comp sales are down our throat and how much money you guys are making but refuse overtime and don't have enough hours in departments! And stop working your department heads like slaves!!!!!!

Jul 28, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. In the same way that The Home Depot’s products help people build homes and projects, the eight core values we uphold help us build a strong business and culture. Our nearly... More

2. "I had a Blast ."

Former Employee - Pro Associate/Cashier in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Pro Associate/Cashier in Columbia, SC

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, Opportunity for growth, Company has great values.

Cons

NO structure. leaders need to be leaders

Advice to Management

Manager new to be better leaders.

Jun 24, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at The Home Depot.