The Home Depot - Exactly what I thought it would be like. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Exactly what I thought it would be like."

Current Employee - Freight Team Operator
Current Employee - Freight Team Operator

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simple to do and easy money. It's a part-time job, don't expect too much.

Cons

You can tire yourself out very easily. Take your time and bring water. If you can't do any heavy lifting, don't even bother applying.

Jul 9, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience at The Home Depot.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Cashier"

Pros

Bosses were great, work enviorment was ok.

Cons

None much, liked working here

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

Jul 3, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at The Home Depot.

2. "Good, Could be better."

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Older associates are very knowledgeable, Great philosophy on dealing with people (associates and customers alike)

Cons

THIS MAY ONLY APPLY TO MY STORE, BUT: I think promotions should be considered on the basis of merit and not solely because management likes you. While I understand personality and networking go a long way, I also believe that hard-working people who consistently produce results should be given the opportunity to lead. This should be basic management 101, however that's not always the case... We have had management promote associates who have little to no prior experience and have also been with the less than a year in a single department. How can these associates fully understand the business for this short amount of time?

Advice to Management

Train store management to look for the associates who spend time being productive rather than conversing about the office gossip with other managers. Also build a drive to look for associate that have relevant experience and possibly degrees in relevant fields of study. These associates are fresh and ready to be molded into Orange-Blooded Warriors!

Jul 3, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking ... More