The Home Depot - Management doesn't to be able to coordinate across the org, challenges with work-life balance and realistic workload | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Management doesn't to be able to coordinate across the org, challenges with work-life balance and realistic workload"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great retail establishment, great mission (empowering people to do their own improvements, improving the living conditions of customers)

Cons

department has bad attitude, company culture seems cold, not friendly, impersonal

Advice to Management

Soft skills training, "company culture" indoctrination/initiatives, and brand management need to be going on ALL the time, perpetually. And as far as the culture goes, dust it off and really focus on EACH area of the culture wheel. Let's face it some of those areas are flat out ignored or seem to be in various pockets of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

1. "Fun company to work at"

Current Contractor - Front End
    Current Contractor - Front End

I have been working at The Home Depot as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

great upper management, but that varies from store to store in any job. there was about a month of training which kind of reviewed any training in a cashier job. There is definitely room for improvement, you just have to show that you're confident and capable of moving up (and NO, you don't have to kiss butt to get promotions, just work hard, or as hard as you can in your current position). Love working with the associates in my department. We always have fun but buckle down when needed.

Cons

Pay was a little low, and I didn't know what my hourly rate was until I got my first paycheck. It was never once discussed in my interview

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees a little more often so they don't think you're the big bad wolf.

"Great place to learn home improvement retailing"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Home Depot is best in class for a big box home improvement center. Great career opportunities to advance to management positions. Good benefits. Strong emphasis on taking care of customers.

Cons

Some areas of the corporate office operate in silos. To many sales associates are not knowledgeable about the products they are selling. Work week staffing schedules are inconsistent. Office politics are a distracting for the sales associates.