The Home Depot - Has given me opportunities to branch out in other departments. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Home Depot

"Has given me opportunities to branch out in other departments."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you work hard to keep sales up, you get bonuses. You will also get letters from the district manager.

Cons

The turn over rate is high. Management need to express to the person that he is interviewing that he is hiring only part-time.

Other Employee Reviews for The Home Depot

"Miserable place to work"

Former Employee - Finance Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Finance Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Home Depot full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is nothing good to say about this company except that there is a Willy's, Starbucks, and Chick Filet close by.

Cons

No appreciation shown to employees. Promotions given based on time spent in the office and not actual work. No work life balance or flexibility regarding days off. No employee discounts (Lowes' employees get them and their prices are not more expensive than Home Depot)

Advice to Management

Start appreciating the low men on the totem pole. Give an employee discount. Be more accommodating to people for days off during the holidays. Amend the bonus structure.

The Home Depot Response

Aug 18, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for your review. In the same way that The Home Depot’s products help people build homes and projects, the eight core values we uphold help us build a strong business and culture. Our nearly ... More

"It's a good place to work."

Current Employee - Millwork Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Millwork Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Home Depot part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you work hard, the management leaves you alone for the most part. You will build a good friendship with the other employees.

Cons

You can't get merit based raises. You only get a pay raise once a year and it's only based on what job title you have, not how good you are at it.

Advice to Management

When you eliminate the possibility of out of sync raises, it gives the employees less to work for. You can have an awesome year in sales and see a 2% increase for a pay raise. It's not fair at all.

The Home Depot Response

Jul 31, 2014 – Client Partner

Thank you for sharing your review. We understand that our associates are the key to our success. We pay competitive rates and strive to create an environment where all associates feel they are ... More