Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Home Depot

Jun 16, 2021 - Sales Associate in Winter Haven, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusion Focus Takes care of employees during Covid. Extra 80 hours personal time and additional 80 hours for high risk or over 65 years old employees. Made free counseling available for all employees. excellent benefits for all employees

Cons

lacks in holding employee accountable for job performance and lax attendance polices.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jul 11, 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer in Marietta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Bad health insurance plans offered

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Changed my opinion about retailing

Apr 24, 2015 - Merchandising Execution Associate in Loveland, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Home Depot has a solid moral compass. They aren't about sacrificing their ethics for the sake of a sale, which I love. They also hire a diverse group of people and give a lot back to the community. They offer a lot of benefits and little treats for their employees. Although they push their associates to meet quota, they're realistic about what can and can't be accomplished.

Cons

Home Depot has two different sides to it. Store associates and those of us considered "store support" who are payed by the vendors but work in the stores 100% of the time. I constantly hear about how store associates are stressed out by management and their hours are being rearranged a lot, cut, and they often are stretched thin due to lack of full staffing. "Store support" associates who do merchandising have it better than those who work in specific departments. However, you never really gain knowledge unless you have the time to look things up and read packaging.

Continue reading
    286 people found this review helpful

The Home Depot Response

Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking care of associates is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.