KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Changed my opinion about retailing

Apr 24, 2015 - Merchandising Execution Associate in Loveland, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Home Depot has a solid moral compass. They aren't about sacrificing their ethics for the sake of a sale, which I love. They also hire a diverse group of people and give a lot back to the community. They offer a lot of benefits and little treats for their employees. Although they push their associates to meet quota, they're realistic about what can and can't be accomplished.

Cons

Home Depot has two different sides to it. Store associates and those of us considered "store support" who are payed by the vendors but work in the stores 100% of the time. I constantly hear about how store associates are stressed out by management and their hours are being rearranged a lot, cut, and they often are stretched thin due to lack of full staffing. "Store support" associates who do merchandising have it better than those who work in specific departments. However, you never really gain knowledge unless you have the time to look things up and read packaging.

Continue reading
    294 people found this review helpful

The Home Depot Response

Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at The Home Depot is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. Because taking care of associates is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our associates have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where associates feel they’re valued, treated fairly and respected.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent after-school job

Feb 22, 2022 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, ESPP, 401(k), tuition reimbursement

Cons

Really none that I can think of.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good place to work but prepare to work like a dog

Aug 15, 2022 - Staff Software Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- teamwork isn't just a buzzword here - most IT workers have freedom to work remotely from almost anywhere in US - decent profit sharing and stock grants for senior individual contributor roles - very diverse workforce, and they're not bothered if you're over 40 unlike many technology firms (yes, with thousands of developers Home Depot *is* a technology firm as well as one of the world's largest retailers) - management usually walks the talk

Cons

- it's retail, so expect to work hard so customers can get what they need now - pretty pitiful PTO, 2 weeks until 5 years, don't get a 4th until 15, only six paid holidays annually (see: it's retail) - health benefits are pricey and not terribly comprehensive - over-reliance on contractors and pricey talent from other firms (Ernst and Young is everywhere in the Security organization) and stubborn refusal to staff support roles - you'll always have more work than you can complete

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.

The Home Depot Photos