The Home Depot - Winning for a reason | Glassdoor
  1. "Winning for a reason"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Forward thinking technology, successfully engaging in ambitious Information technology endeavors. Fun place to work with many of the best in the IT field. Seeking success in upward and lateral mobility are encouraged. Entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and a part of the company culture. This is without the cutthroat culture, but a culture of teamwork and encouragement to work together and get things done. Healthy... focus on wellness, and maintaining work life balance.

Cons

Retail moves very fast, hence the pace at which work is executed tends to be at a very fast pace.

The Home Depot2015-08-24

The Home Depot Response

August 27, 2015Client Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. Our associates and managers alike are essential parts of The Home Depot’s network. We appreciate your feedback.

1. "Great Values"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Home Depot full-time for more than a year

Pros

All about the values and giving back. Genuinely a great company.

Cons

Like all large companies, some processes are still gated and slow and manual.

The Home Depot2019-09-19

"My time at the Depot"

Former Employee - Cashier in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Kept busy, got to move around to different registers around the store

Cons

The management does not care about their employees. I was at the top level for cashiers and I was liked by all my customers because of the attention to detail I would bring with me. But that didn’t matter to upper management, when I went through a brief period of depression and anxiety because of a divorce that I was going through, I started being five or ten minutes late for work. I know it looked bad on me but it... was a struggle to get out of bed and be productive. Even though I would be late from time to time I would always stay later to make up for lost time and I never let my customers know how depressed I was. I was always on my A game. They never asked if I needed some help or anything like that, they only said that I was fired for being late. And they did this at the end of my shift that I stayed over for to cover the front end since my replacement called out. I think that was the worst part about them letting me go, they made sure that they got everything out of me before they let me go.

Advice to Management

Have some empathy people!! I know it’s a job but they sit there and preach about how we are family as well, a pretty messed up family if you ask me

The Home Depot2019-09-11

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.