The Home Depot - Mehhhh.... | Glassdoor

"Mehhhh...."

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at The Home Depot for more than a year

Pros

- Enjoyed most of the people I worked with - Good learning experience with latest technologies

Cons

Direct management applied antiquated perceptions and leadership techniques that were contrived from perceptions of performance versus the actual quantifiable performance and value delivered. Job duties were ambiguously explained, and appropriate feedback was not provided as a guide to success. I was directly told that there was no work/life balance for associates; which to me, is unrealistic in this day and... age, and out of tune with the marketplace for equivalent positions. There was no on-boarding process or procedures in place to introduce you to the IT environment and technologies involved.

Advice to Management

More flexibility in schedule, especially with the workplace located in Austin where there is heavy traffic congestion from main roads, creating 1-2 hour commutes one-way. More focus on employee production and end results of work, than if the person is there 8-5 every day.

The Home Depot2016-02-10
  1. "Good job"

Former Employee - Garden in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at The Home Depot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good job nice people good pay

Cons

Be ready to work hard workers needed

Advice to Management

Don’t be stupid

The Home Depot2019-09-14
  2. "Overall good place to work"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Home Depot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Most of the associates treat each other fairly and there was minimal drama, at least at my store. The company matched retirement plan was great.

Cons

The pay could be better, especially for long term employees. Starting pay was ok for short term or seasonal employees but it makes it hard to stay long term with minimal annual pay increases.

Advice to Management

Higher starting pay, and more aggressive annual raises for seasoned employees.

The Home Depot2019-09-14

Discover more reviews about The Home Depot.