The Jones Group - Hands-on, learn a lot, great internship experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Jones Group

"Hands-on, learn a lot, great internship experience"

Former Intern - Design Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Design Intern in New York, NY

I worked at The Jones Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

internship program is very organized and dedicated to helping interns get the most out of their internship

Cons

not a lot of cross-learning across departments.

Other Employee Reviews for The Jones Group

"Not so great"

Current Employee - Administrative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative in New York, NY

I have been working at The Jones Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good starting off point; get your foot in the door; get a big corporation on your resume; learn a lot

Cons

any real learning you might want (ie learning about the fashion industry) you really do on your own; i learned a lot about excel; the particular department i was in had a few bullies who talked down to you, were outright rude at times, and had been reported to HR multiple times but nothing was done; i reported her to my manager and she then stopped talking to me like she was a child. Not an enjoyable work environment but manageable until something better comes along

Advice to Management

listen to your "lowest" assistants, they are getting the brunt of the bad vibes and can give good advice on improvements.

2. "It was my dream job and I miss the job. Sorry to see company change."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New City, NY

I worked at The Jones Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It used to be the company--classes, training programs, great benefits, bonuses, and employee discount.

Cons

Every division has different rules. You could have the same position in one division and leave at 3 o'clock, while in another division you might work through a state of emergency snow day. To top it off you might sit next to the person who can leave early. Managers are part of a cliché and do not see the big picture easily. The atomsphere lends to bullying and favoritism. Design and its elements are always chaging to no avail, while directors never change and you see many people losing jobs.

Advice to Management

The Jones group always had excellent values overall. However, I have witnessed top managers being abusive by imitating a persons disability. By making an employee stay on a day which state declared an emergency. By suggesting that a vendor should comply with company wishes because they were "boyfriend' to employee.