The Little Clinic - The Little Clinic | Glassdoor

"The Little Clinic"

Pros

The little clinic is a nice place to work with good hours, great locations, and nice people. Management is great!

Cons

Medical benefits are way to expensive for family coverage.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for The Little Clinic

"Physician Assistant"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant

I have been working at The Little Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caring for people who might otherwise not see a provider is valuable. No drug seekers as TLC has chosen to not provide prescriptions for Scheduled medications.
    Lower acuity patients overall including sick visits, physicals, vaccinations and medication refills. Pretty good job for a new PA or NP so they can build confidence in interacting with patients.
    Decent PTO.
    Work life balance is excellent, because acuity is low and charts are completed prior to leaving work (mostly).
    Management is very enthusiastic, which can be both a pro and a con.

Cons

The function of a walk in clinic is for quick care. TLC is trying to move more towards primary care, but those offices usually have more staff and infrastructure to do so. Also, I feel like Kroger is getting more concerned about the bottom line. TLC doesn't make any money for the company yet and it seems they are starting to sweat about that.
    Management is decreasing PCT hours and increasing both PCT and provider responsibilities in ways that aren't practical or realistic. While I understand all jobs change over time, it seems like a desperate stretch to me in some cases.
    Most of the company is geared toward NPs.
    PA pay is significantly less than the average in Arizona by about $16K. I was told by another colleague that NPs are paid more than PAs, but I cannot verify that.
    Less CME money than most, about $1500/yr and they do not include licenses that "aren't required", like DEA (which they won't pay for).
    Now they are requiring advance notification for CMEs before they will authorize reimbursement, another red flag for the company.
    PTO can sometimes be hard to get for a particular conference (AAPA, etc) if more than one person in the whole state wants to go to it. Sometimes there is a problem with retention, so that makes it worse.
    PCTs are not appreciated nor well paid, so there is frequent turnover there. That position can be filled by an LPN but I haven't seen one in a while.
    ECW is fine, but an unattractive interface (no style points) and hard to read later. ECW requires closing and opening of appointments and work flow is clunky.
    I had a patient look at my computer the other day and say how old it was (while I was waiting for it to continue typing, twiddling my thumbs).
    Also, you are only able to clock in 5 minutes early, and the multiple computers take 10 minutes to log on (each). They are fine if you want to show up early and not get paid for it, which I find frustrating, especially when it has been really busy.

Advice to Management

Don't tell us we are getting a carrot when it's actually the stick. Also, TLC shouldn't try to be an urgent care or primary care, because the staff and facilities do not support it. And frankly, some things should not occur in a grocery store.
    Please update the equipment if possible.
    Allow early clock in when reasonable during busy season.

2. "A terrible workplace environment"

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Louisville, KY

I worked at The Little Clinic (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can always pick up hours bc people quit or get fired constantly. Red flag to run from this company.

Cons

Poor training. Poor leadership all across from local to corporate. You are insulted by leadership & no help from them. Trying to make money off anything & told to not turn any patient away even if they have no business in the clinic for their complaint & even needs to be referred out. Seems unethical and waste of time, money for patients but again TLCs focus in money-not care. The Louisville leaders are a disgrace on this.

Advice to Management

All management needs to open their eyes. They are the issue of concern.