The Local Pages - Blowing Smoke | Glassdoor

"Blowing Smoke"

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant

I have been working at The Local Pages full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food and some local travel.

Cons

The amount of income was way over stated. What they called leads were nothing but lists. Very high turn over, most employees last only a couple of weeks before they figure out they were scamed.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the job and don"t try to fool people into working for you.

Other Employee Reviews for The Local Pages

"Just a number..."

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant

Pros

flexible schedule, good family life.

Cons

Commission only. If you work hard you will be able to make a small living. I have had a chance to interact directly with the owner of the company. Unfortunately, employees are just a number. When I was hired there were about 100 reps, the entire time I was with TLP every week they have a new hire training with 10-20 new reps at the end of my employment 1 year later, there were less than 100. The turn over is crazy. No gas reimbursement. Everyone cares about number 1.

Advice to Management

Kelly, you need to take care of your employees a little better or your success will not last. Stop showing off and teach your employees.

2. "Salesman/Opener"

Former Employee - Salesman in Stanton, CA
    Former Employee - Salesman in Stanton, CA

I worked at The Local Pages full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Commission based pay with opportunities to make pretty good money. It was easy to jump right in on my first day. Friendly staff. They give you the tools and strategies to be successful. The managers didn't usually micromanage everyone unless they felt that it would be helpful and productive.

Cons

Slow days for sales. It felt as if it was the luck of the draw certain times. Every now and then I would get cursed at by very rude people on the phone. Extremely repetitive and tedious. Minimum wage pay if commission goal wasn't reached for the week.

Advice to Management

I thought that the management was good overall. They were friendly and helpful. The only thing that I would say hurt sales a couple times were the dated phones , system, and headsets. In April most of the employees were sent home 6 hours early because of technical issues on two separate occasions. Management was done well and they maintained a professional, yet casual image. I really enjoyed the bonuses (we would spin a wheel with various prizes once we met certain sales goals), the raffles, and other fun incentives that management would give the salespeople in order to keep the job more interesting and lucrative.