The MENTOR Network - Best Place I've Ever Worked...except for compensation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

"Best Place I've Ever Worked...except for compensation."

Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Boston, MA corporate office withing the IT Infrastructure group. Loved it! Only reason I left was due to an offer from another company, (they found me, I was not looking), which was simply too good to refuse. The reasons I loved Mentor; 1. My Sr. Director/Boss was awesome. 2. A great CIO who was engaged and cared. 3. I had an exceptional IT Operations team who always made me look good, because THEY were so good! 4. Collaboration with other teams was mostly successful and made for great partners. 5. Flexible work environment. 6. Excellent H.R. team very focused upon the employees. I wish I could've stayed. For these reasons I rate Mentor overall as "Satisfied", but cannot rate as "Very Satisfied" due to the Cons below.

Cons

Unfortunately, compensation and benefits were not competitive. Training budget keeps getting cut. Very small discount on monthly MBTA Charlie Passes.

Advice to Management

Your turnover rate is going to increase as other company's compensation and benefits far outpace Mentor's. Please look seriously at this as you have a otherwise great company. Being located in Boston it would be beneficial to offer a better subsidy for public transportation. It cost me almost $4000/yr just to go to work on the train, including parking in an MBTA lot.

Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network

1. "Good work environment, good people but there are better places to work"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back place to work, really good people, you can make your job your own

Cons

Benefits not very good, pay below market - never seen more people complain about their salary than I have at this company. Company very cheap - takes shortcuts on IT practices just to enhance their bottom line. Healthcare company owned by asset management firm - they don't value employees and it reflects

Advice to Management

Improve compensation for employees

2. "It's a good place to work"

Former Employee - Mobile Therapist in Broomall, PA
    Former Employee - Mobile Therapist in Broomall, PA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will work with dedicated and professional staffs

Cons

There is no opportunity for promotion

Advice to Management

Pay increase based on experience would be nice