The MENTOR Network - Internal Audit Co-op | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Internal Audit Co-op"

Former Intern - Internal Audit in Boston, MA
Former Intern - Internal Audit in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Meaningful company mission
Nice people
Good management
No repetitive work
Ability to travel
Level of responsibility increases

Cons

Some down time as an intern

Advice to Management

I thought the company was great as an intern/co-op.

Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network

""Better off working somewhere else""

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility that the job allows

Cons

There is a lot.....here I go:
    1). Benefits are the worst that I have ever encountered in my career. They are so bad that I had to get them outside of the agency. Basically this shows that the company is not invested in their employees. They are so cheap to even invest in better cost of health benefits.
    2). No raises to reflect the cost of living.
    3). Mileage reimbursement rate is a joke. It does not reflect the cost of the rise in gas prices.
    4). No growth here.....if you are looking to grow, this is not the place.
    5). It's a numbers game (about quantity and not quality). They want the numbers to go up, but not investing in services to help the challenges with clients.
    6). Staff have been overworked and still is. Management has not addressed this issue in months...it also seems like for years to me.
    7). There is no appreciation not only from management, but also from the foster parents. The foster parents make it appear that you owe them something (not all of them, but half of them make you feel that way). They don't necessarily understand what the workers go through. There are things we have to do due to upper management, but they get mad when you tell them this and the staff does not make the decision. I understand that in the field you won't always feel appreciated, but at the same time, if it's a constant issue that occurs frequently, then it's a major issue.
    8). Regular supervision has been an issue for months.

If you want to deal with these cons that I included in here, then you can work at MENTOR, but I do not highly recommend it. It will save you a whole lot of trouble and hassle at the end by not working at this agency!

Advice to Management

It is important to invest in your employees, so they won't have to feel like the company does not care about their hard work. People have moved on to other opportunities because of the lack of care that the management has for their staff.

"Loved my residents, didn't love the management."

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

I worked at The MENTOR Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fun relaxed environment and felt like I was spending the day at home with friends or family. The staff were all fun to work with and when you found people you worked well with it could be an enjoyable experience. I loved the time I got to spend with the residents of the home watching movies, playing games, playing outside, and going out into the community.

Cons

There was no support from the management. They were looking at the money and not the safety of the residents or employees. We were not supported with problems going on in the home with out residents but instead given quick fixes to problems that would not go away. The management spent very little time in the home so they did not know what the problems their staff was facing. There was a lack of communication often and things would be changed each time I would come for a shift. The inconsistency was not good for our residents. The job could be great at times but at others extremely difficult and we did not get paid enough for the stress and difficulty of this job.

Advice to Management

Go into the homes and spend time with the clients and workers. Know what the problems are so they can be fixed quickly and efficiently. Keep an open line of communication with all workers so they know what is going on in the home and what changes are being made. Look past the money and focus on the safety, health, and happiness of your clients and staff.