The MENTOR Network - Worst organization I have ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

"Worst organization I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Bend, OR
Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Bend, OR

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work hours is the only pro I can think of. The house I work for really tries to accommodate every person's hours that work best for them, their time off requests, and any adjustments that need to be made.

Cons

Management is terrible. Direct support staff is treated like the bottom of the food chain. You would think the people actually caring for the clients directly would be treated better, it's no wonder the turn over is so high. I have been with this company for over 3 years and am more than burnt out. I can't get management to hire on any more people to assist me and the program coordinator and site administrator says that my tasks are not their job so when I get overwhelmed caring for 5 clients by myself and ask for help, I do not get any help. Apparently, it is company policy that the program coordinator and site administrator do not do direct support tasks in a fear that boundary lines will get blurred and I would expect them to help when it wasn't needed. Sorry, but when the program coordinator is upstairs watching Family Guy episodes on her laptop and I am scrambling around trying to meet the needs of 5 clients I think that help is necessary. In my opinion respect should be a priority and less focus on the possibility of boundaries being blurred. We are overworked and underpaid for sure. My Program Coordinator gets paid more, works a lot less, and has taken more time off work because of her sick dog than I did when my mom died and three months later my sister died.

Advice to Management

Make sure you check in with your program leaders in every facility to make sure they are actually doing their job. I can do the tasks of the Program Coordinator, Site Administrator, and my own direct support tasks more efficiently than my supervisors without wasting the company's time and money. Also, you should treat your direct support staff with more respect, let us have some input....all those hours of sick pay/pto/floater leave/ and vacation that accumulates for our "leaders"....some of that should go to the people who are actually more susceptible to the burn out. Pretty sad when my program leaders are bragging about how much paid leave they get yet direct support staff has to work their butts off to be eligible for up to 2 weeks of pto. This is sickening, I am more than burnt out and now that many of our perks/benefits have been taken away; I can't even find the resources to get help for this burn out. I am seeking other employment and would NEVER work for this organization again. I have never been treated so badly by a company or management as I have with the Mentor Network. Can't even believe this organization is still running with the way they treat their staff.

Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network

"DSP"

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Portland, OR

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can create a homey environment for their clients. DSPs seem to be the only ones who truly care, and that varies as well.

Cons

Low wage, pay freeze for years, extremely high turnover, no rules that are written down. Caseworker should not be client's therapists as well. Conflicts of interest.

Advice to Management

You know your faults. Stop lying and trying to make a profit by mistreating the mentally ill AND your staff.

2. "Good mission."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Edina, MN

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can feel good about what you are doing - helping people.

Cons

Compensation is not on target. Salary surveys need to be done for administrative positions.

Advice to Management

Good job at promoting from within - keep doing that.