The MIL Corporation - Very Family orinted and cares for their employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The MIL Corporation

"Very Family orinted and cares for their employees"

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at The MIL Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cares for employees, have went above and beyond to make sure i received information. They were very direct and up front with me during the intial recruiting process and are even now after I am hired and working still maintaining their homely charm. Very family oriented

Cons

Because the company is small the Benefits are not too good.. Not bad, but not good either. Holidays and paid vacations are pretty standard.

Other Employee Reviews for The MIL Corporation

"Decent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

MIL is a decent place to work. For the most part, the work is fairly interesting and mentally stimulating. Both middle management and senior management are superb. They give due recognition to employees when they perform well, which is more than can be said about some other companies. MIL has an excellent work/life balance, and benefits are also quite good.

Cons

The starting pay for entry level positions is not very good. In fact, compared to the industry norms, it is downright shoddy. The potential for job advancement is also not very good--from my experience, the only job advancement that occurs happens when someone leaves and someone gets promoted to fill their position.

Also, there is very little name recognition with MIL--we work on high profile contracts with some very big name companies, but no one has heard of MIL.

Advice to Management

Management can do much better on pay--MIL pulls in very high dollar contracts and can easily afford to pay much better starting salaries than it currently does.

2. "Web Content Specialist"

Former Contractor - Web Content Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Web Content Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at The MIL Corporation as a contractor

Pros

Supervisors were friendly and not breathing down your neck. Lots of independence to get work done as-needed, but the supervisors step in to help if requested. Coworkers were friendly, and the culture was one that was encouraged motivation and strong work ethic. I was allowed to set my own schedule. Unless there was a late meeting, which was rare, I was allowed to be in the office at 7:00 am, but also leave at 3:00 pm as long as my work for the day was done. The salary was great for the work I did, too.

Cons

A person-specific problem, but the stipend for the metro I received was not enough to cover my monthly commute from Vienna to Federal Triangle and back. That said, it was better than no stipend. Otherwise no real cons.