The Morning Call - Fun internship | Glassdoor

"Fun internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at The Morning Call as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I really liked my internship at the Morning Call, the atmosphere was friendly and I loved learning about all of the work they did. I worked with the editorial department. The ad department worked separately in another office space and I had little contact with them during my stay. Everyone in different departments however did seem to get along well and were friendly with each other.

Cons

Sometimes the work is pretty repetitive and the hours depending on what department you work in are a little strange. Sometimes a light news day could mean little work to do so it can be a bit boring however that rarely happens.

Advice to Management

N/a

Other Employee Reviews for The Morning Call

1. "Advertising Account Executive"

Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Advertising Account Executive in Allentown, PA

I have been working at The Morning Call full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've really formed some great friendships at The Morning Call. If you do the job you're paid to do and what's expected of you as an adult, it's a long term career. Don't fluff things, be honest when you need help, there are managers and co workers that will support you.

The company truly believes in training its sales staff on an ongoing basis. The morning Call truly offers so many advertising products, it's necessary to have specialists for these products. We are a true media group with products that can reach just about every niche audience.

Commissions are uncapped.
    Decent amount of time off.
    Great community involvement.
    Ticket perks.
    401k
    Medical benefits

Cons

Systems are so cumbersome.

There are always pros & cons to every job, overall a decent place to work. It could be better, I hope my input sheds some light on my concerns.

Advice to Management

We hire too many employees right out of college for apprentice positions and they're moved to a territory position too soon.

Too many last minute mandatory meetings.

Some managers need to get out on the road with their newly hired reps, if you're constantly with another manager most of the day, dismiss your sales reps, skip 1on1's, make them hang around the office for hours wondering if they still have a Meeting, because their managers are behind closed doors the whole time.

As a manager, if you don't respect your employees time in their eyes your sending a message that they don't matter. It's understandable that sometimes important things come up, but this has now become an every week event.

As a manager, I believe at least 20 hours of your work week should be developing your reps on the road, not spending most of your day with management.

"Once was great...not so much anymore"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

I have been working at The Morning Call full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it's a job? is that considered a "pro"?

Cons

Too many points to list. Management is horrible, only in it for themselves, workforce cut so drastically, and all the ones who are left receive an increased workload with no bonus or compensation. Receive goals only to have them changed a few business days before the end of the quarter or they totally revise the commission plan at the last minute to where you cannot make your goal. I hear all the time about the "good ole days". So far away from that time, its not even funny. However, benefits are decent.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees that work hard and care about their jobs, and you wont keep losing the great ones to competitors.