The Mosaic Company - working for the Mosaic Company in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Mosaic Company

"working for the Mosaic Company in Esterhazy, Saskatchewan"

Current Employee - Electrician in Esterhazy, SK (Canada)
Current Employee - Electrician in Esterhazy, SK (Canada)

Pros

The pay is fairly decent although it isn't quite up to tradesmen standards. Work has usually been fulltime without any lay-offs.

Cons

Too much of senior management belongs to the " Ol' boys club". At the same time alot of new staff, ie; young engineers, think they know everything and don't like to take the time to listen to advice from senior employees. Employees are always last to here what's going on with the mining operation.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees that have the experience and have seen the same thing tried over and over. Don't keep employees like mushrooms and value the hardworking and knowledgeable employees that you have.

Other Employee Reviews for The Mosaic Company

1. "Great Company that Invets in People"

Former Employee - Reliability Supervisor in Carlsbad, NM
    Former Employee - Reliability Supervisor in Carlsbad, NM

I worked at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not having a degree it was a place to work that offered a great salary and opportunities for advancement. They truly invest in their people. I started as a contract laborer and moved my way up into a Salary People Leader position.

Cons

The only con I can think of was the location of the mine. It was located in a small town that doesn't offer much for young families.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and investing in your people. I loved this job and enjoyed the opportunities that I was granted!

2. "Outside Operator"

Current Employee - Operator in Gonzales, LA
    Current Employee - Operator in Gonzales, LA

I have been working at The Mosaic Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, easy to work with coworkers. Good benefits. Good hourly pay. Overtime is definitely there if you want it.

Cons

Layoff rate is above average at this time. Management shows favoritism. Company experienced a crisis during 2016 from company related environmental issues