The National Center for Telehealth and Technology - Enter at your own risk | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The National Center for Telehealth and Technology

"Enter at your own risk"

I worked at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology full-time

Pros

Amazing mission: Technology solutions to better the health of our warriors. No need to memorize. It will change constantly.

Cons

Upper-level leadership: Not mission focused. Horrid micro-managers. All psychologists, with the exception of one. Business concepts like organizational structure or process are of little importance to them.

Extreme Bureaucracy: Everything at T2 is cyclical. Ideas are proposed, developed, dropped. Brought up months later and dropped. By the third time, a watered-down version may be implemented IF all upper-level leaders agree to it and add in their changes, even in fields not of their expertise.

Lack of respect for employees: Over 80% of the staff hold advanced degrees yet are not empowered to make even small decisions.

Advice to Management

Traveling the world does not help our soldiers get healthy. If you can't lead, step aside.

Other Employee Reviews for The National Center for Telehealth and Technology

1. "If you can focus on the mission, this is a great place to work"

I have been working at The National Center for Telehealth and Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

T2 has a great mission and for employees who have positions that allow them to actually do some work, it's a fantastic job. Well paid, excellent work-life balance, easy to park, some fun co-workers. Nice to work someplace that helps people with PTSD. Good telework.

Cons

Some people who have been here for a long time seem to spend all their time complaining or talking about ancient history. When I can ignore that, I like it here. Most of the work spaces are shared, which sucks. However, most people try to be quiet (except for the complainers). If we could get rid of the guys who seem stuck in a middle school type of approach ("don't talk to her..." "Only trust that guy..."), then we would be golden.

Advice to Management

Come up with better systems to help us work better between contracts. Keep up the good work with the new telework policy, but let us do even more if our position doesn't actually need us there in person.

"The org could really be something but..."

Pros

The best part of this org is the flexible work hours and the ability to leave work at work.

Cons

Although I have experienced good relationships with many folks at T2, the underlining, deeply rooted, and judgmental characteristics of the psychologists has been disheartening. As a helping profession, I would have expected the psychologists to be inherently kind, thoughtful, engaged and, well, "helpful". But, instead I witnessed judgments against staff that were not psychologists, conceded overinflated beliefs about their selves, and rampant (and often supported) passive-aggressive behavior. The new folks in charge seem like the worst of the bunch when it comes to this and has become an example for other psychologists down stream to emulate. Competiveness, territorial behaviors, and personal agendas by many of the GS staff (psychologists and technologists) have eroded the very mission of T2--to help Service Members by providing technologies to help with psychological health concerns. Honestly, the technologists are no different and also exhibit passive-aggressive behaviors. Those that are in the middle of these cross fires are doomed to progress in their chosen field.

Advice to Management

Better engage with your staff and recognize their merits to the organization. Take a deep hard look at yourself and recognize your areas of personal and professional growth. Be intentional and kind to others that do not have (nor need) a PhD to be important or worthy. Your chosen career path is not the pinnacle others wish to obtain. You organization has many different professions that are essential for it to run. Stop putting the psychologists in multiple roles (product managers, SMEs, writers, researchers) has it muddies the waters and creates confusion.