The Nature's Bounty Co. - I love working here | Glassdoor

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY
Current Employee - Manager in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at The Nature's Bounty Co. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NBTY is a big company with a very mom and pop feel. Many of the Associates take great pride in what they do and the company itself does a good job encouraging and supporting a culture of "wellness" (our mission) with employees. I think the benefits and perks are great - day care reimbursement program, free fitness classes (Zumba, kickboxing, ballet burn) in the HQ building...company picnic. The culture is nice, most people are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing really - I enjoy coming to work.

Other Employee Reviews for The Nature's Bounty Co.

1. "It has both ebb and flow"

I have been working at The Nature's Bounty Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was a great place to work. There is a lot going on, and the management relays this information fairly well.

Cons

Since being bought out by Carlyle Group, the feel of the company has faltered. Profitability is king, now. Quality and values fall to the wayside. Unfortunately, I fear this is only the beginning.

Advice to Management

Put the Rudolph family back in control.

"Was great, then just frustrating"

I have been working at The Nature's Bounty Co. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent product selection, great people to work with at the store level, used to be competitive pay, flexible hours, benefits, opportunity to move up the ladder is present.

Cons

Making the employees jump through hoops to earn and pay cuts, constant of out stock items, slow to react to market demands, advertising low end products with high profit margin, and do not really care about the customers they are serving. The discontinuing of great products in favor of cheaper high margin ones. At times baffling and confusing as to why the company is doing what it is doing.
    Working with a POS system and computer systems that were outdated 20 years ago. Priorities from leadership and upper management are confusing.

Advice to Management

The leadership from the top down needs to learn about what the company is selling so that the company does not end up selling junk, all calcium is not the same just as all retail is not the same. Focus more on high end/high quality products not low end high margin items and advertise those high end items. Upgrade the computer systems. Better planning of promotions ,sales do not coincide with the information the customer is getting. If the company wants to keep people around, pay them better.