The Ohio State University - The Ohio State Buckeyes, whether students or employees, they are very diverse, friendly, well educated and experienced. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Ohio State University

"The Ohio State Buckeyes, whether students or employees, they are very diverse, friendly, well educated and experienced."

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Ohio State University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Ohio State University is a Research based university whereby students have multiple opportunities to interact and work with professors on many different researches in all types of fields

Cons

The Ohio State University is a huge campus filled with many students that compete with you, so you must be sure to stay on top if you are to be the best, otherwise you will always find opportunities here.

Other Employee Reviews for The Ohio State University

1. "Marketable experience for higher education"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Ohio State University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were flexible with my schedule because I was a full time student. I worked on research that was going into a science article. The professor I work with was very knowledgeable.

Cons

There were times when I couldn't work for a quarter because there was not enough assignments or too many students working for the professor.

Advice to Management

Have professors collaborate with other professors on campus to meet the needs of the student assistant.

2. "Office Assistant"

I have been working at The Ohio State University part-time

Pros

It is one of the best student job on campus. It really empowers you if you live in the dorms and at the same time it gives you enough freedom to study at the desk, like a boss!

Cons

you might have to stay back over the break or do shifts at the desk during the finals week or odd late night hours if you dont have a good boss.

Advice to Management

you''ll do great if you talk as a friend but still be resposible towards your duties and be strict about them.