The Ohio State University - graduate research assistant | Glassdoor

"graduate research assistant"

Pros

good learning experience at OSU

Cons

should work more than 20 hours

Other Employee Reviews for The Ohio State University

1. "The Ohio State Buckeyes, whether students or employees, they are very diverse, friendly, well educated and experienced."

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Ohio State University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Ohio State University is a Research based university whereby students have multiple opportunities to interact and work with professors on many different researches in all types of fields

Cons

The Ohio State University is a huge campus filled with many students that compete with you, so you must be sure to stay on top if you are to be the best, otherwise you will always find opportunities here.

2. "Marketable experience for higher education"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at The Ohio State University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They were flexible with my schedule because I was a full time student. I worked on research that was going into a science article. The professor I work with was very knowledgeable.

Cons

There were times when I couldn't work for a quarter because there was not enough assignments or too many students working for the professor.

Advice to Management

Have professors collaborate with other professors on campus to meet the needs of the student assistant.