The Option Institute - Working at the Option Institute has helped me grow so much professionally and personally. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Option Institute

"Working at the Option Institute has helped me grow so much professionally and personally."

Current Employee - Sales Team in Sheffield, MA
Current Employee - Sales Team in Sheffield, MA

I have been working at The Option Institute full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Caring staff, great learning environment, able to make a difference in people's lifes.

Cons

Salary is low and does not increase w/ advancements.

Advice to Management

Increase salary to decrease turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for The Option Institute

"Working at the Option Institute was one my greatest experiences"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Sheffield, MA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Sheffield, MA

I worked at The Option Institute part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management staff was extremely understanding when I transitioned from full-time to part-time due to outside circumstances. They were extremely flexible in allowing for multiple schedule changes. The staff as a whole is amazing, the kindness and caring qualities of the staff members are unlike any other workplace I have been employed. Co-workers as well as management staff are always encouraging and looking for feedback, as well as give feedback to help everyone improve themselves as an employee as well as a person. These qualities in a staff team are amazing because it creates a comfortability as well as an almost family style dynamic.

Cons

Although the staff is great and the work fulfilling, it can be difficult sometimes due to lack of inter-department communication. The communication within a department is clear, although when it comes to working with other departments, there can be lack of or mis-communication.

Advice to Management

As I was on my transition out of the Option Institute, they began having more staff meetings and solidifying the team to make sure that staff was on the same page and I think this is a great idea. I think that more staff meetings would be great so that communication is clearer and that ideas and concerns and be discussed and expressed.

2. "This has been the most supportive environment I have ever worked in."

Current Employee - Director in Sheffield, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Sheffield, MA

I have been working at The Option Institute part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The services provided to children with Autism and their families is truly inspiring, the staff is upbeat and supportive

Cons

There are so many families in need there is often so much to be done