The Pet Firm - Get work on your own schedule and independently, but work can be tedious at times. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Pet Firm

"Get work on your own schedule and independently, but work can be tedious at times."

Former Employee - Territory Representative in Statesboro, GA
Former Employee - Territory Representative in Statesboro, GA

I worked at The Pet Firm part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part is being able to work independently and on a schedule the you choose. All the interaction with managers and other employees is done over the phone or via internet video conferences. Its a great job for the animal lover and the pet enthusiast as you typically service Petsmart or Petco.

Cons

The work can be tedious at times. Looking up specific UPC numbers from a long list and matching them to a product on shelf can become a bit mind numbing. Sometimes the time you are given to complete objectives is a little sparse.

Other Employee Reviews for The Pet Firm

"Soon to be former merchandiser."

Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Salina, KS
    Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Salina, KS

I have been working at The Pet Firm as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Non-employee contact is friendly and somewhat interested. Although she acknowledged that the website was flawed, she had no answer and refused to allow direct access to the company or its IT department.

Cons

This is a regular, part-time merchandising position. It does not pay much, but should be regular and certain. One visits a store, merchandises the product(s), and reports the results on their website. Therein lies the problem. The website DOES NOT WORK. It does not allow access to the reporting software, will not accept data which must be entered, and cannot confirm that the work is done. Ergo, no pay for your efforts. I've been "working" for these bozos for more than two months. Made two visits to the store. Called and e-mailed my area contact so many times I have lost track. Nothing works. When I asked for a direct contact to these yahoos, she refused. My advice? Don't bother. If you do the work, you can't report it, and you won't get paid. Find a reputable company, or at least one that has a working website.

"Growing!!"

I have been working at The Pet Firm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many different opportunities, sales, management, merchandising, demos, analytic team, with all the departments growing with the company, there are new opportunities behind every door.

Cons

busy busy busy!! that's not a bad thing, but with massive growth comes some trial and tribulations, nothing that is not expected.

Advice to Management

make sure to know what you show!, don't jump in both feet, but keep being aggressive.