The Polo Club - Well I was a supervisor who make sure employee work hard n we took care of top end cars. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Polo Club

"Well I was a supervisor who make sure employee work hard n we took care of top end cars."

Former Employee - Valet Supervisor At the International Polo Club in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at The Polo Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had a chance to meet great peoples" Nice peoples who were members of the club n great polo players who played polo. Polo is a great place to work n it was great Experience for me as a person. The members loved me n I loved them just awesome peoples to be around.

Cons

It was never a down side at polo unless it was raining n members was in a rush, but no problem for us we got the job done n did what we needed to be done.

Advice to Management

Well being around great peoples no matter if they were young or old it was great" n being able to drive cars u dream about driving"

Other Employee Reviews for The Polo Club

1. "Fellow employees are the best but members, guests, and management are the worst."

Former Employee - Clerk in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

Lunch is provided every day, although it's pretty much the same (chicken, rice & veggies). Staff is friendly and supportive; overall the environment is nice (beautiful facility)

Cons

Parking is a pain-employees park their car on a service road (10 minute walk) where it is uncovered and easily banged into (rumored to happen often), there are cameras all over the place - directed at employees mostly. Security is constantly checking employees' cars and god forbid you parked illegally (like backing in). When it is busy, you are never given a break (even though you're on your feet) and fighting to keep your lunch hour is a must. Most Members are rude and treat you like trash. Working holidays are a must and are not paid (only full time employees who have worked there at least a year). Christmas is basically not celebrated and the word must not be spoken. Even Thanksgiving is called "Holiday", you would say "Happy Holiday"- perhaps it isn't deemed fair for the Canadian (many) members??

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and give bonuses to those who work the holidays and don't get paid extra for working them; give your employees the benefit of a doubt - don't assume they are all ripping you off (it isn't a cash club-why all the cameras?) Let your employees park next to the buiding when it is pouring instead of writing them up when they park "illegally"or when they're late (because of the rain) - no one uses the tennis courts when it rains, duh, thus plenty of parking there. Hire supervisors who respect their employees instead of blame them or compete with them so they don't look bad.

2. "Serving"

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

Pros

Decent family restaurant to work at for high school and college students

Cons

Minimum wage, Hours can be hard to get

Advice to Management

Keep up with your employees