The Retirement Group - Very challenging and was intense at times | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Retirement Group

"Very challenging and was intense at times"

Former Intern - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
Former Intern - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at The Retirement Group as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great management team, everyone is very skilled and passionate at what they do, people were very willing to answer my questions

Cons

Very intense and cut-throat, definitely didn't have much of a social life.

Other Employee Reviews for The Retirement Group

1. "Financial Analyst Internship"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Retirement Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The summer internship I participated in was an amazing experience, with opportunity for growth and advancement within the company. As an intern you have the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced professionals in the field. You work directly with the Financial Advisors and the founder of the company to deliver financial expertise. As you complete your training and become educated in the workings of the financial markets and the company, there is the possibility to be asked to return for more than just the summer. In my case, I studied abroad in the Czech Republic the following semester after my summer internship, but the company was more than willing to work with me to help see that both our needs were met. The way that the company worked with me to let me study abroad and travel more than exceeded my expectations when coming on as a summer intern. The best part of working for the company, though, was the experience. It is bar none, one of the best internship programs available. You are treated not as an intern, but as an employee. You are expected to pull your wait and to work hard. With this I have learned valuable skills that I am confident will help me throughout my career.

Cons

If you are not interested in working hard or being challenged to learn the business than this is not an internship for you. You are expected to work long hours and are rewarded for doing so, but if you do not want to commit to learning and really knowing how to do your daily jobs than it will seem like too much work and you will not be successful.

"A perfect place to learn"

Current Employee - Financial Services in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Services in San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Retirement Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Retirement Group has one of the better financial services jobs in the country. A place where there is plenty to learn, a lot of people who are available and willing to teach and show you the way. The workplace displays excellent understanding between the management and the employees. This place is responsive to your needs as a professional and also gives due weight to your personal needs. There are development programs to hone your technical skills and there will be a lot of opportunities that will develop your conceptual and people skills. All you have to do is be ready to grab every opportunity that comes your way.

Cons

You will work long hours and sometimes you have to put in time from home over the weekend. Of course it’s given due recognition in the office but you might feel that you have less time for yourself now.