The Rowland Group - Greatest company I have ever worked for!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Rowland Group

"Greatest company I have ever worked for!!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at The Rowland Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares for its employees and does everything possible to make sure that they succeed. They believe in a work/life balance and actually want people to take time off! Management believes in giving you the tools you need to do your job, being open minded about how people go about their and leave them alone to do their work. There are little perks here and there that you just don't find with other firms.

Cons

Quite honestly, none. The owners have been in and are not scared or too good to get in the trenches with us.

Advice to Management

Kepp doing what you are doing! It's working!

Other Employee Reviews for The Rowland Group

1. "Best Recruiting Agency"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at The Rowland Group as a contractor

Pros

-Active communication with candidates
    -Offer many job opportunities with some of the top companies in Tulsa, OK.
    -Able to offer openings when other recruiters cannot.

Cons

-I do not have any complaints.

2. "Recruiter"

I worked at The Rowland Group full-time

Pros

It is good to work with a family owned company with direct access to the owners. Also, they let you run a full desk and meet with clients as long as you show you are competent which is helpful in getting connected within Houston.

Cons

They have terrible management. Their training program lasts about 3 days, which isn't always a bad thing - it will show whether or not you can step up. They treat people well for the first 6 months and then it seems to go downhill which is why their turnover rate is so high unless you're in the 'inner circle'. They also struggle to break out of their routines/mindset - it is so hard for them to think that anyone, other than management, has any valid advice so it makes it difficult for them to listen and take advice without feeling as if you will be punished for it.

Advice to Management

Make sure your managers are ready, and capable, to lead teams. Be open to suggestions. Stop forcing good employees to leave and start making your employees feel valued. Understand that other people think differently than you and learn to work with that.

The Rowland Group Response

May 2, 2016 – PR Director

We value low turnover and a positive culture. We made a change in management in Houston, transferring two managers from our Tulsa headquarters. Our Tulsa office has been named "Best Places to Work ... More