The Service Companies - Do not work here. | Glassdoor

"Do not work here."

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Miami Lakes, FL
Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Miami Lakes, FL

Pros

The only pro is that it's close to home and a stress-free job.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care and isn't open to suggestions on how to improve the company. Incompetent employees, would rather gossip then get work done.

I began working for The Service Companies, a hotel staffing agency located in Miami Lakes on April 5, 2010. After working for the company for four weeks, I was let go on April 30, 2010. At the time of employment, I thought the Service Companies was a legitimate agency, providing excellent terms for employment. I saw myself growing in my position as an HR associate, extending my employment for at least the next two years.

However, I received minimal training, and provided few, if any tangible assignments to complete during the work day. During my last week with the company, I was afforded the opportunity to complete an auditing project, and was told I was doing an outstanding job in fulfilling my responsibilities to the company. I was taken aback when I was brought into my supervisor's office and informed that my position was eliminated due to a lack of demand.

I thought nothing of it and left on cordial terms. I now believe I was intentionally mislead about my being laid off, due to the fact that the same position I was told was being eliminated has recently appeared on a job search site. I do not recommend anyone working for this company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and have open communication.

Other Employee Reviews for The Service Companies

1. "house keeping"

I worked at The Service Companies full-time

Pros

Company cared a lot about their employees.

Cons

Nothing work was great, no problems

The Service Companies Response

Mar 9, 2017 – Director of Employee Relations

We are so glad to hear of your positive experience while working with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

2. "Worst place ever"

I have been working at The Service Companies part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Busted for hiring illegals

Cons

Says alot about company worthless

Advice to Management

Watch who is hired about 3yrs ago busted for hiring illegals supervisor who lies dates employees who work for him and still has a job. All he got slap on hand all this is true check employees betterThought that was a big NO. Work5.5 hrs but do 8 hrs worth of work. Get with it do undercover boss you would be surprised what you really saw. Company treats employees like we are a dime a dozen. No vacation pay no free meal on graveyard and no respect. No loyalty supervisors lie for each other even though they are in the wrong. Watch your back they don't like you you won't be there long