The Shape of Behavior - Poorly managed company | Glassdoor

"Poorly managed company"

Former Employee - RBT in North Houston, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of BCBAs doing their best with oversized caseloads.

Cons

I have loved the idea of working in the field of behavior analysis since I was first introduced to it years ago. I have enjoyed previous experiences working with other companies and increasing my knowledge of the field in school. Unfortunately, The Shape has set a poor example of true ABA by ignoring what is best for each individual patient and establishing standards of practice in which the 'individualized programs' must fall into. The BCBAs are doing their best with their hands tied behind their backs. As an employee, you are encouraged to give feedback to the company, but later punished if your feedback isn't 100% positive. To be working in a field where professionals have been trained to improve behaviors with positive reinforcement, it feels like you get nothing but negative energy from corporate, management, and coworkers alike. This was a miserable work experience that would have turned me away from ABA had I not been exposed to the field prior to working at TSOB.

Advice to Management

My advice to corporate is to stop making improvements at a cost. Moral will not improve until employees feel heard and appreciated. The pay increases were wonderful news, until we realized the added mandatory events, outside of business hours, that we had to attend, as well as the increased job responsibilities. The cost of the pay increase left many employees continuing to feel underpaid. Also, the request for paid holidays to cover the long Christmas break was met with cutting a much needed and deserved extended vacation. Employees who rarely get any R&R were again punished for voicing their (encouraged) opinion on how to improve their working experience. Additionally, any feedback about the quality of therapy is generally met with some form of a written warning, making it obvious that employees are not heard. Additionally, the frequency of documented warnings and punishments make it obvious the company is establishing a paper trail to dismiss you at any given moment, thus eliminating any sense of job security.

The Shape of Behavior2017-01-04

Other Employee Reviews

"LOVE"

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time

Pros

Great CEO, great staff, amazing patients, a lot of benefits

Cons

physically draining at time, but changing the lives of the children.

Advice to Management

The Shape of Behavior is a great place to work. Everyone works hard everyday for the children. The leadership team is very helpful with whatever you need. Any time I have spoken to corporate they are very friendly and helpful. I love my job and making the children and families lives a little better each day.

The Shape of Behavior2017-10-12

"Everything was great until Bluesprig"

Current Employee - RBT in Katy, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Immediate team members and supervisors are phenomenal -Communication with upper level staff and onsite management is great -Easy Hours

Cons

-Bluesprig bought The Shape as a company and we there is no communication with that part management -Lowest pay offered in ABA as RBT in the Houston area -No paid holidays off -No days off during XMAS or summer

Advice to Management

Onsite management is great. Corporate needs to consider communicating possible changes to staff, shed some hope on pay raises and bonuses.

The Shape of Behavior2019-02-13

Discover more reviews about The Shape of Behavior.