The Shape of Behavior - Horrible place to work. | Glassdoor

"Horrible place to work."

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, working in the psych field.

Cons

Honestly it was one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had. I had kids run around the room, punch me, kick me, scratch me, and throw poop at me and scratch me with his poopy fingernails because you are NOT allowed to react. Sometimes this would happen for five minutes. Sometimes three hours. It was pure torture standing there and having to control body language while getting bit really hard. The BCBA is super strict and if you slip up once you get a verbal warning, the next time a write up. It really was a stressdul job. And you are NOT allowed to deal with emotions. Its always behavioral. So if these kids are throwing tantrums because they say they are frustrated, we cannot communicate with them or give them talk therapy. It is pure behavioral therapy with no counsoling. Honestly the worst side of psychology I have ever seen. Even psychoanalyst are better than behavioralist. Psychology is about emotions, what goes on in the mind. Not just good/bad behaviors. They dont explore the real reason why they are doing it. They just assume its because you take stuff away from kids, that they throw a fit. There is very little compassion or love at this job.

Advice to Management

The nitpicking is what drives out employees.

The Shape of Behavior2018-10-13

Other Employee Reviews

"LOVE"

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time

Pros

Great CEO, great staff, amazing patients, a lot of benefits

Cons

physically draining at time, but changing the lives of the children.

Advice to Management

The Shape of Behavior is a great place to work. Everyone works hard everyday for the children. The leadership team is very helpful with whatever you need. Any time I have spoken to corporate they are very friendly and helpful. I love my job and making the children and families lives a little better each day.

The Shape of Behavior2017-10-12

"Everything was great until Bluesprig"

Current Employee - RBT in Katy, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Immediate team members and supervisors are phenomenal -Communication with upper level staff and onsite management is great -Easy Hours

Cons

-Bluesprig bought The Shape as a company and we there is no communication with that part management -Lowest pay offered in ABA as RBT in the Houston area -No paid holidays off -No days off during XMAS or summer

Advice to Management

Onsite management is great. Corporate needs to consider communicating possible changes to staff, shed some hope on pay raises and bonuses.

The Shape of Behavior2019-02-13

Discover more reviews about The Shape of Behavior.