The Shape of Behavior - Ambitious company goals met only by ambitious indivuiduals | Glassdoor

"Ambitious company goals met only by ambitious indivuiduals"

Current Employee - Direct Therapist/RBT in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you care or are interested in ABA Therapy, Autism services, or psychological therapy you will be directly impacting patients in this field. You have the choice to do only what is required of you, but you also have the opportunity to educate yourself further, elevate your status in the company, and become a leader in your craft and your clinic. When done properly, your job can make evident, positive changes in the everyday and long term lives of the patients in these clinics. Rewarding. With a field as young and developing as ABA, this company is definitely making strides with an uncommon and potentially wonderful clinical model.

Cons

Hard work. I have noticed a lot of employee reviews and spoken with employees whose complaints are simply because they expect this job to be easier and less demanding than it really is. This is not babysitting, this is not counseling. Work can be physically demanding and SHOULD be mentally and emotionally trying. Management concerns voiced in previous reviews are not without cause, but the company is actively working on that. I would day some of the lack of training makes sense since there is no program that specifically trains ABA Clinic Management. The position requires both business and clinical training and expertise to function properly and most managers have been promoted internally. the qualifications and expectations for managers as well as staff is becoming gradually more stringent as the company and the field progress. As far as unsanitary and unethical, this is just not the case. I would caution potential employees and families to hold these reviews in high regard as the CLINIC STAFF is directly responsible for clinic hygiene and cleanliness as well as ethical treatment protocol. If you are complaining about these things as an employee that means YOU are causing or contributing to them. In my experience, concerns about the quality of treatment performed WHEN EXPRESSED TO MANAGEMENT OFFICIALLY have been directly addressed in discrete ways more often than not. I will say as well that there is a high turn over rate generally. You'll find most all employees have either been with the company for years or are brand new. This is not really a company specific problem or even a negative- This is mostly because 1. the field does not suit everyone 2. the positions of direct staff suit younger people best as there is a potential for physically demanding work, 3. these positions suit nicely for individuals in the field waiting to receive higher degrees, and 4. many individuals are promoted or transferred within the company.

Advice to Management

HOLD YOURSELVES TO A HIGHER STANDARD. Being a good therapist is not sufficient for being a good manager. It is your responsibility to improve your communication with staff and supervisors. It is your responsibility to make sure your staff is well taught and positive. It is your responsibility to make sure your clinics have supplies and the quality of care is high. Your clinic and staff will be a direct reflection of your work.

The Shape of Behavior2015-03-30

Other Employee Reviews

"LOVE"

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time

Pros

Great CEO, great staff, amazing patients, a lot of benefits

Cons

physically draining at time, but changing the lives of the children.

Advice to Management

The Shape of Behavior is a great place to work. Everyone works hard everyday for the children. The leadership team is very helpful with whatever you need. Any time I have spoken to corporate they are very friendly and helpful. I love my job and making the children and families lives a little better each day.

The Shape of Behavior2017-10-12

"Everything was great until Bluesprig"

Current Employee - RBT in Katy, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Immediate team members and supervisors are phenomenal -Communication with upper level staff and onsite management is great -Easy Hours

Cons

-Bluesprig bought The Shape as a company and we there is no communication with that part management -Lowest pay offered in ABA as RBT in the Houston area -No paid holidays off -No days off during XMAS or summer

Advice to Management

Onsite management is great. Corporate needs to consider communicating possible changes to staff, shed some hope on pay raises and bonuses.

The Shape of Behavior2019-02-13

Discover more reviews about The Shape of Behavior.