The Shape of Behavior - Direct Therapist | Glassdoor

"Direct Therapist"

Former Employee - Direct Therapist in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being a direct therapist takes a toll on you after a while so when you have other great therapist to work with, the job is a little easier. Some of the client's parents were amazing as well. Seeing your hard work pay off when a child makes an improvement in their behavior, motor skills, language..etc.

Cons

I think this goes for all ABA therapy facilities but the pay is nowhere near close to what we should've been getting paid being that we have 10 different jobs in 1 title. I don't recall being a janitor and cleaning up at the end of the day being in my job description. Upper management is very sneaky and deceiving. Depending on the manager, a lot of micro-managing occurred. I don't think having the stress of the job in itself on top of being hovered over by upper management was very encouraging. A lot of the time, us as therapist felt overlooked. We'd give suggestions to make for a better environment and company but ideas would never be implemented or taken seriously. You receive 2 weeks off for Christmas break but don't get paid a penny. All while the company is still making money by robbing these clients of their money. They are crooks that truly lack the ethics and compassion to truly care about these children. Now, having over what? 10 locations now but still paying your employees an hourly fee that we could get at Whole Foods. Not to mention, the owner rolling up in her Porsche to check in every now and then. I don't think anyone felt accomplished there just because we received no motivation. They would put together little things to say "thank you" but it didn't feel genuine. Just something to do to make it seem like they cared. Yeah, right.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees. STOP being greedy and money hungry. Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of you. Treat your employees with respect and you won't have to worry about them doing their full complete job on a day to day basis. Hire managers who are TEAM PLAYERS.

The Shape of Behavior2016-01-12

Other Employee Reviews

"LOVE"

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time

Pros

Great CEO, great staff, amazing patients, a lot of benefits

Cons

physically draining at time, but changing the lives of the children.

Advice to Management

The Shape of Behavior is a great place to work. Everyone works hard everyday for the children. The leadership team is very helpful with whatever you need. Any time I have spoken to corporate they are very friendly and helpful. I love my job and making the children and families lives a little better each day.

The Shape of Behavior2017-10-12

"Everything was great until Bluesprig"

Current Employee - RBT in Katy, TX

I have been working at The Shape of Behavior full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Immediate team members and supervisors are phenomenal -Communication with upper level staff and onsite management is great -Easy Hours

Cons

-Bluesprig bought The Shape as a company and we there is no communication with that part management -Lowest pay offered in ABA as RBT in the Houston area -No paid holidays off -No days off during XMAS or summer

Advice to Management

Onsite management is great. Corporate needs to consider communicating possible changes to staff, shed some hope on pay raises and bonuses.

The Shape of Behavior2019-02-13

Discover more reviews about The Shape of Behavior.