The Storage Group - Great place to work -- if you're in the club. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Storage Group

"Great place to work -- if you're in the club."

I worked at The Storage Group full-time

Pros

Relaxed office environment, central office location.

Cons

Outdated practices, "club" like office culture, no benefits, cramped office.

Advice to Management

If TSG wants to stay in business they need to reassess their offerings. The face of SEO is rapidly changing and their marketing strategies are outdated, just like their websites.

The Storage Group Response

May 26, 2015 – Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews as they can only make us better. We are sorry that you felt that your work environment was “club like” and cramped. The intention by our... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Storage Group

1. "Give More. Enjoy More. And, Be Sure to Prune the Diversions..."

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer

I have been working at The Storage Group full-time

Pros

I am the CEO of TSG and recently read a daily motivational from Givemore.com. Their tagline is "Give More. Enjoy More”. They are behind the 212 degrees movement. "212° is the extra degree can help you inspire people to embrace the value of the extra effort and attention that goes into creating great results."

That really says it all and certainly reminds me of the business, team, vision and culture we are building at TSG. I would call that a "Pro" for working at The Storage Group.

Here’s the what Givemore.com actually posted...

“Prune the Diversions. Prune. Not the fruit. The verb. To prune a tree is to remove the branches and shoots that don't serve its growth and vigor. A diseased branch or low-performing shoot not only does not serve the tree – it drains the energy that can be used elsewhere – the energy that can produce more fruit, more flowers, and stronger branches.

Removing just two diversions from your life each week eliminates more than 100 distractions from what's most important to you. Prune the diversions ... twice weekly.

Cons

The only con I know is that it's really hard to prune diversions because of the time and effort that goes into building relations with folks. Think about it... we spend more time with our work team than our own families each work day. So, it's really a sad day when we have to prune diversions since we really give folks the opportunity to succeed and a tremendous amount of flexibility in schedules.

Make no mistake, we expect a lot from our team but we offer near unlimited resources to perform, grow, learn, etc. Employees are encouraged to SEEK out and ATTEND educational opportunities, LOOK for new tools and programs to help them perform or become more efficient, or BRING on additional labor (in-house or contract). Notice the all the proactive verbs in the last sentence. That's the key! A successful team member of The Storage Group is a collaborative minded, self starter who wants to grow, learn, excel, and serve the client on our team. He or she is a "CAN DO", "WILL DO", "GLASS HALF FULL" person.

Advice to Management

Continue building a CAN DO, collaborative minded, self starter, team of folks that want to serve clients...and compensate them commensurate with their successes!

2. "Place needs a lot of work"

I worked at The Storage Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A few nice and genuine co-workers. Work from home (New policy on this is not beneficial for new workers.)

Cons

The office environment is dead and makes you feel lifeless! You sit in a little office space for 8 hours straight staring into a computer screen, usually with 8hrs straight of no communication.

They constantly give promises of pay increases and promotions, but those promises are hopeless. Promises and commitment's are usually never followed through with ever!

COO is rarely in office and is completely clueless to what is going on with the clients, but loves to point the finger at employees when client's complain.

The CEO is also clueless and also is never seen or heard from unless there is a company event involving some type of activity or to reply to random email threads.

The entire organization is completely unorganized and there is no structure to the work you do. The work load given to each person is way too heavy and demanding. The expectations are far too great for the pay rates given.

Most client's never receive services paid for and most of the times are not receiving monthly or quarterly services that they're paying for until someone from their company complains about lack of service. Very reactive and never proactive type of work.

You constantly fixing people's past mess ups and taking the blame of being apart of the unstructured environment.

Advice to Management

Stop creating hype around a company that does not offer any benefits and the lowest wages in the industry.