The Trade Desk - Optimistic, confident, funny, and driven people will love this company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Trade Desk

"Optimistic, confident, funny, and driven people will love this company!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work! The Trade Desk is all about hiring the right people to maintain the AWESOME culture that has been established the past 4+ years. Everyone is nice, an expert at their position, and are passionate about the company's vision - and lets face it, these are the people who you will spend more time with than family, so they've got to be fun!

Since the ad tech space has been growing quickly, the company has a great onboarding (ie. training) process. They created informative videos of what The Trade Desk is all about and how our platform fits into helping power agency media buyers.

If you're looking for a long-term fit and a challenging position, apply! The company is growing, so there is plenty of opportunity for career advancement.

Exceptional benefits (health care, vacation, etc.).

Cons

There are minimal 'processes' in place, which is a good thing, but a con for me since I came from a large company- the King of processes/form. Also, they don't match any 401k.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with us on numbers and vision as a company. I thoroughly enjoy the weekly meetings learning about our current and future roadmap goals; nationally as well as globally.

The Trade Desk Response

Aug 20, 2014 – VP People and Culture

Thank you for the review! We definitely understand that our weekly meetings are a central part of keeping everyone focused on the big picture and clear on how they can contribute to our success.

Other Employee Reviews for The Trade Desk

1. "Fast paced company, get to work with people who love what they do, fantastic culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The industry is growing, which means the company is growing. Lots of opportunity to make an impact even at a very junior level, and learn from the industry's smartest people. Get to work with friendly, caring and genuine people, feels very much like a family.

Cons

No 401K matching (yet), sometimes work life balance is tricky

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, maintaining the highest levels of transparency allows us builds respect and trust for senior management. Continue to build a culture where there are opportunities to contribute to the business other than from a pure revenue perspective.

"Best. Company. Hands. Down. Ever."

Current Employee - Director in Ventura, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Ventura, CA

I have been working at The Trade Desk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I begin? One is fortunate enough to work an organization like this once in their career. For me, i'm incredibly happy that for me this is the second one (and even at that, incredibly better than the first). People get it here. Either we all succeed or we all fail. Approachable leadership on all levels. No pretentiousness and everyone genuinely cares about each other. Are we always happy happy go lucky with each other? No, of course note! lol. But that's actually good. It give us healthy conflict and opportunities to resolve it. In my opinion that's priceless. It's a complete meritocracy. Do you have the tenacity? The grit? The thirst? We'll help you in every way.

Cons

The only con I can think of is our growing pains. This past year we've been growing at a lightning pace and that's introduce stress points into the company. However, they're being addressed and I have full faith that we'll get over them. It's kind of our awkard teenager phase. :) Frankly, if that's our con, we're doing pretty damn well.