The Trump Organization - Thankless, dog-eat-dog culture | Glassdoor

"Thankless, dog-eat-dog culture"

Former Contractor - Events Coordinator in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Events Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at The Trump Organization as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great resume booster to say you've worked here. Many know it is a sweatshop so they know you are a hardworker and generally pretty smart.

Cons

I worked during the period of layoffs in 2009, so my experience may have been different than others due to the economic crisis the company was facing and the extra stress on the employees as a result of the layoffs.

Generally, a back-stabbing, nasty culture. Expected to work 12-14 hours a day, churning out work, with no thanks or benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for The Trump Organization

"the experience has been very trying and hard work"

Current Employee - Linen Attendant in Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Linen Attendant in Atlantic City, NJ

Pros

the interaction with good people , the hours are pretty reasonable there is not to many pros to my department pressently working

Cons

the job i have is very under paid hourly no interaction with supervisors only unless there is a problem or complaint no kind of way to be towards employees working hard

Advice to Management

my advice is to make time to say good job or create advancement for people to come up with company and pay raises could be nice

2. "Here two years and love this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Trump Organization full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Joined just when politics became an issue. The family and corporate team have deftly navigated what can be difficult situations over the past years.
    My Managing Director is a true professional and an excellent leader. Don't always agree with him but he listens to your opinion and is not too proud to change his decision/mind.
    Teamwork at the hotel is outstanding with many, many great associates willing to pitch in and help across departments..

Cons

The expectations are what you would expect, and I have experienced, at other luxury companies. The pressure is not something everyone can deal with so know that you will continually be pushed to be better each day.

Advice to Management

Continue the path you are on with encouraging, supporting us while maintaining expectations.