The UPS Store - Started out great, gradually declined. Each is individually owned though. Some owners are helpful and kind. | Glassdoor

"Started out great, gradually declined. Each is individually owned though. Some owners are helpful and kind."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The UPS Store full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Room for advancement, over some time of being there, of course: I worked at the same store and for the same owner for about 8 years, and went from lowest person in the store (Sales Associate) to the Store Manager. -Enough work to keep us pretty busy and steady -I had a lot of regular customers that I got to know, they were really sweet -Pay was alright for not having a college degree or anything

Cons

-My particular store owner seemed a little on the bi-polar side; “You guys really need to step up and focus on sales, and numbers are terrible...” etc. and literally the next day “you guys are so great, so lucky to have you working for me...” okay, which is it? -I saw my store owner 2, MAYBE 3 times per year, didn’t offer much help or support. - No benefits or PTO for vacations or sick days. -Would not get paid for...

Advice to Management

Don’t throw your employees under the bus to customers and other managers, especially when the customer was in the wrong. You lost some really good employees because of that. Just take better care of your employees in general.

The UPS Store2018-09-16
  1. "Business Consultant - Experienced professional with many years of people experience"

Current Employee - Franchise Business Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The UPS Store full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Market leader. Excellent support for personal growth

Cons

Retail side getting to be dominated by Amazon

The UPS Store2019-08-13
  2. "Nice Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC

I worked at The UPS Store part-time for more than a year

Pros

Duties and work responsibilities are relatively easy and simple in a laid back, friendly environment.

Cons

Little room to grow or advance

The UPS Store2019-08-21

Discover more reviews about The UPS Store.