The University of Kansas Health System - Good place if you like good benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The University of Kansas Health System

"Good place if you like good benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Great Benefits best in KC
Pay ok

Cons

wheres Management overnight
Bad Communication

Advice to Management

Talk to us, let us know when you change things, and tell us when people are off.

Other Employee Reviews for The University of Kansas Health System

"If you want free Health Care work here!!"

Current Employee - Transport Dispatcher in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Transport Dispatcher in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Great Benefits! Seems like a growing Hospital. They seem to have a goal to be a World Class Hospital. It is a Magnet hospital, award for great nursing. And as long as you go to a KU doctor or clinic or the Hospital it is free, no copays!

Cons

Well I work in one of the support services department, and I am a Hospital employee but my bosses are working for ARAMARK. I have to tell you the is kind of different and it sucks. Their is also a break down of commutation, I work night shift and I never know about new polices and such.

Advice to Management

You all do a good job, but you have a few places where you can improve. But, that is anywhere you work. Thanks, for all the hard work you do(if you do any).

"Why would you go anywhere else?"

Former Employee - Trainer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Trainer in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I worked there several years in several areas and found the benefits to be good regarding vacation and pension/retirement. I always had fabulous co-workers, just generally nice people. There were lots of opportunities for growth it seemed in each department or the opportunity to transitioning to a different role in another department if desired. Once the Hospital separated from the State of Kansas, the rules changed a bit and the direction of the Hospital became more clear and employees seemed to take more ownership in their work. It then became an even nicer place to work. I highly recomment it.

Cons

It's a very big place and sometimes overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more.