The Vancouver Clinic - Working there was very stressful due to several management reorganizations, poor communication mgmt to employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Vancouver Clinic

"Working there was very stressful due to several management reorganizations, poor communication mgmt to employees."

Former Employee - Patient Services Representative in Vancouver, WA
Former Employee - Patient Services Representative in Vancouver, WA

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers, we made the best of what we were given to do our jobs . The campuses are all fairly new & well maintained inside and out.

Cons

Anyone who had worked there more than a month shared the poor opinion of upper & mid-management. For a healthcare clinic it was a very toxic dysfunctional place to work. Several reorganizations of management caused addtional stress for all employees. I had 16 supervisors in the 3.5 yrs I was there, I had the same job the whole time!. The overwhelming lack of communication of policy or operational procedures to dept employees caused constant confusion/tension among employees and provider staff. Patients were allowed to verbally/physically abuse employees without mgmt intervention. Out of the 3.5 yrs I was there, approx 2 yrs was spent without a supervisor/manager responsible for our particular dept. We would no sooner get used to a supv/mgr & they would either be reassisgned in another mgmt shuffle, quit or fired. We noticed that when new mgmt/supv were hired, often they were from out of the local area due to the clinic's poor reputation of poor treatment of their employees with other healthcare facilities in the area.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the front line experience & knowlege your employees contain. Resolve issues that have evolved into a "us" vx "them" mentality regarding relationship between mgmnt & non-mgmt. Everyone is so afraid of losing their jobs if they speak up, that they just shut down completely. Treat your employees as well or better than the way you want your employees to treat the patients! Retain your experienced talent! There are so many "newbies" that no one really knows what they are supposed to be doing! The constant mgmt shuffle is disconcerting to all. Communicate, communicate!

Other Employee Reviews for The Vancouver Clinic

"Not employee friendly And under paid in all fields,no supervisors!"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice and New buildings with 365 days of landscaping

Cons

Employees are Always new, employees last usually no more than 5 years tops. Human Resource suppose to be there for employees but are definately not! Management have no idea what they are doing and are allowed to harass and humiliate employees until employees quit or are set up/pressured ending in being fired! Lowest wages for all fields, Doctors have no say over anything and if employees share with providers any problems going on, then employee gets disciplined, certain departments do not allow you to work overtime but you have 1 hour mandatory meeting a month and they choose when you will take that 1 hour off, usually during a slow time in the middle of the day. Terrible place to work, worked for this company 4 1/2 years only 3 people left there from when I started. Communication sucks as you are not allowed to communicate with coworkers!

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, communicate and treat all employees equal. Spend time in quad so you know how hard employees are working and don't just show up to be negative and belittle employees when you have no idea what is even going on and there is no way you could do the job!

2. "Great Experience So Far"

Current Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Battle Ground, WA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Specialist in Battle Ground, WA

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great on-boarding process, competitive wages, responsive supervisors and management. I came to The Vancouver Clinic in search of a better work-life balance and have definitely achieved that. I can easily check my work at the door and not have to worry about responsibilities outside of work.

Cons

I'm fairly new, so I have not seen many issues. I work in the Patient Service Center (Call Center) and some departments are difficult to get ahold of, or are short when they answer, but otherwise, not much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing in the PSC. It's a happy atmosphere with support when needed.