The Washington Post - Great co-workers and when you call people, they answer. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Washington Post

"Great co-workers and when you call people, they answer."

Current Employee - Reporter in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Reporter in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to be a part of one of the greatest legacy newsrooms on the face of the planet. The people here are whip-smart and very willing to teach you. D.C. can be a great town if it's the kind of place that fits your personality.

Cons

Don't be a journalist if you want work-life balance. Especially at The Post, you have to mindful of where you are and the standards that the company name implies. The newsroom can be a bit chaotic, but if you know what you want and you do good work, that rises above all.

Advice to Management

Younger people tend to be overlooked in the newsroom a bit -- and not just because they aren't willing to put in their dues. A lot of the upper management, and some of the older reporters, are still having a problem with the shift to digital news and all that implies, so in some quarters you may have trouble finding respect for new ideas. That said, there are definitely people who will listen to you, have clout, and are willing to get things done. You just have to find them.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for your review and feedback. We have a commitment toward growth and making The Washington Post a great place to work for all. We’d love to hear more specifics. Feel free to e-mail us... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Washington Post

1. "The Washington Post is a vibrant organization open to change."

Current Employee - Assignment Editor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Assignment Editor in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior management is open to new ideas and willing to allow employees to experiment and try new ideas. The prestige and history of the Post is hard to replace.

Cons

I wish there was more diversity in upper management and those identified as "star" reporters, but the organization is aware of those issues and is attempting to address is.

Advice to Management

Don't fall victim to the star system.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ positive experiences. We've passed on your feedback to our team. Thank you for choosing to be part of The Washington... More

2. "Salary"

Former Employee - Manager, IT in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager, IT in Washington, DC

I worked at The Washington Post full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company cares for its employees

Cons

Just bought out by Amazon. Future unknown

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for the review and feedback. Since Jeff Bezos purchased The Post, we continue to grow. This article (http://bit.ly/2fy8O0L) talks about how our web traffic has doubled in three years. Thank... More