The Washington Post - New but Happy | Glassdoor

"New but Happy"

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, intelligent coworkers, meaningful work, clear strategies, potential for growth, great location, good perks, lots of training and development, etc.

Cons

If you come from a small org. you need to get used to a bigger environment.

Advice to Management

The reviews on Glassdoor are a lot more negative than the experiences I have had first-hand. It would be a shame to deter talent from joining the organization based on these negative reviews!

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ positive experiences. Thank you for choosing to be part of The Washington Post team!

Other Employee Reviews for The Washington Post

1. "Great place to work for hard working individuals, but needs position itself for the future"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Post has a very collegial environment. Hard-work and performance are rewarded. The Washington Post is a great brand that is recognized internationally. It's nice to mention your employer and have people recognize it. Increased investment in technology is promising for the future.

Cons

It has a very strong legacy business, which is declining. The future mission is not clear. However, it is clear that The Washington Post is investing a lot of time and energy in the future of the company trying "crack the code" of the media industry/newspaper/technology dilemma and where it wants to place its self.

Advice to Management

Very much a classic business model hierarchy. Need to figure out the company's new mission. Share the mission with employees. Be transparent. Need to re-structure for the future and try some more modern workplace initiatives.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ positive experiences. We've passed on your feedback to our team. To your point, we are investing in the future and ... More

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Assignment Editor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Assignment Editor in Washington, DC

I worked at The Washington Post full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its a well-respected publication, and carries prestige.

Cons

The newspaper industry is iffy.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for the review and feedback. We have a commitment toward growth and making The Washington Post a great place to work for all. We’d love to hear more specifics. Feel free to e-mail us ... More