The Washington Post - Great place to work for hard working individuals, but needs position itself for the future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Washington Post

"Great place to work for hard working individuals, but needs position itself for the future"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Human Resources in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Post has a very collegial environment. Hard-work and performance are rewarded. The Washington Post is a great brand that is recognized internationally. It's nice to mention your employer and have people recognize it. Increased investment in technology is promising for the future.

Cons

It has a very strong legacy business, which is declining. The future mission is not clear. However, it is clear that The Washington Post is investing a lot of time and energy in the future of the company trying "crack the code" of the media industry/newspaper/technology dilemma and where it wants to place its self.

Advice to Management

Very much a classic business model hierarchy. Need to figure out the company's new mission. Share the mission with employees. Be transparent. Need to re-structure for the future and try some more modern workplace initiatives.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ positive experiences. We've passed on your feedback to our team. To your point, we are investing in the future and ... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Washington Post

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Assignment Editor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Assignment Editor in Washington, DC

I worked at The Washington Post full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its a well-respected publication, and carries prestige.

Cons

The newspaper industry is iffy.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for the review and feedback. We have a commitment toward growth and making The Washington Post a great place to work for all. We’d love to hear more specifics. Feel free to e-mail us ... More

2. "Great place to work - enjoyable, challenging & interesting."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Washington Post full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great location, work is meaningful, challenging, interesting and valued. Opportunities for growth and learning. My management team is terrific.

Cons

Some areas are stuck in past - this is changing, just needs to be faster.

Advice to Management

Increase tele work and flex work schedules. Make it easy for work to be done form any location - we all need work cell phones and tablets. A good amount of dead weight has been cut. There needs to be salary increases for people who are left who are top performers. Continue to cut dead weight especially within the mgmt ranks.

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ positive experiences. We've passed on your advice to our team. Thank you for choosing to be part of The Washington ... More