The Washington Post - Very good on your Resume | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Washington Post

"Very good on your Resume"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Famous Brand
Good on resume
Tele-commute
Big company and you can make a lot of friends if you stay long-term

Cons

Reactive managers
Intimidating arrogant managers
No appreciation shown to employees
Can get lost in the crowd

Advice to Management

Intimidating employees by saying things like "Dont expect me to change my management style" can cause employees to leave.

Dec 14, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for the review and feedback. Leadership/management is something we take seriously. This year, we launched The Leadership Project, a series of ongoing development opportunities for all... More

Other Employee Reviews for The Washington Post

1. "Warm Family in Need of some Counseling"

Former Employee - Section News Aide in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Section News Aide in Washington, DC

Pros

There's nothing like working at the Post. Small newsroom feel, where everyone knows each other. Great access to everything and everyone. Fun place to work. Dedicated co-workers.Great benefits.

Cons

New management is somewhat out of touch in terms of newsroom morale. Pay is pretty bad if you are on young and/or not a star reporter.

Advice to Management

Anonymous surveys each quarter. Equal pay for digital and print staffs. Foster community - don't let it die! Be in touch with the researchers/aides more often -- they keep the place running!

Dec 13, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for the review and feedback especially around new management. Leadership/management is something we take seriously. This year, we launched The Leadership Project, a series of ongoing... More

2. "Decent salary for a motivated individual"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

Pros

WashPost offers flexible schedules and great, achievable bonuses. It is easy to work part time at the Post and make enough money to support yourself.

Cons

There are always difficulties working for a large company or under a bad boss within a large company. Fortunately I only experienced working under a bad boss for about 3 months during my 1 3/4 years.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. A lot of young employees had some great ideas during my time at WashPost but the company was slow to recognize them and put up roadblocks to implement them. Get rid of the old-timers who are a drain on the company.

Dec 14, 2016 – The Washington Post Team

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We love hearing about our employees’ (past and present) positive experiences working with us. Sorry you had a poor manager for 3 months. We take this very... More