The Zappos Family - Wonderful Culture | Glassdoor

"Wonderful Culture"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Shepherdsville, KY
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Shepherdsville, KY

I have been working at The Zappos Family full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free catered Meals
-Free Vending Machines
--Free Keurig Coffee
Wonderful training and very interesting and diverse employees

Cons

-Depending on what shift you get very long and horrible hours
-Huge warehouse is easy to get lost in and allot of walking around. prob walked at least 9 miles a day

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of what made Zappos such a great compay in the first place. The empoyess and the whacky culture .

Other Employee Reviews for The Zappos Family

"Great Company to work for"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at The Zappos Family as an intern

Pros

The company strives to provide the best customer service, with that everybody is a customer, even you as an employee. People overall is nice and friendly, you don't need to know them or work on the same department for people to start a conversation with you, which is great. A sense of community surrounds the office building. Lots of free food, yeah you will gain weight.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive, they sell it as a tradeoff for how many parties, dinners and other perks the company has to offer.

Advice to Management

On the tech side, salaries need to be reviewed. There is a lack of resources for tech people and even more so in Las Vegas. You might be loosing great people because of this. At the end of the day people need to be rewarded according to their value. Dinners and team outings cannot substitute the income people use for their retirement or kid's education.

2. "Best company I've ever worked at!!"

Current Intern - Non-Trade Purchasing Intern in Henderson, NV
    Current Intern - Non-Trade Purchasing Intern in Henderson, NV

I have been working at The Zappos Family as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interning at Zappos was nothing less than amazing. The work atmosphere is fun, people are friendly, and everyone is given opportunities to advance within the company. Zappos provides free food for their employees, they have awesome internal programs, and so many benefits for their employees.

Cons

This is not really a con, but the pay/salaries may seem lower than industry average. However, when you factor in the amount of benefits that the company gives to employees and scale it to the cost of living in Nevada, the compensation is competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work! My managers made my time at Zappos so much fun and beneficial. I learned more than I ever imagined in the span of 9 weeks.