The Zappos Family - It is too good to be called a JOB | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Zappos Family

"It is too good to be called a JOB"

Current Employee - Manager in Henderson, NV
Current Employee - Manager in Henderson, NV

Pros

I knew Zappos was the place for me when at the 3rd week of training, they made me the offer to quit the company or take 3k with no questions asked and it took me less than 1 microsecond to answer back NO.
Great working environment, Leadership really cares about employees, their well being and development, there are well established plans of growth for the company and for the employees.
You can actually talk to any senior level execs at any time if you have comments, suggestions or even complaints, they will listen and actually take action.
Health benefits have no comparison, you don't have any out of pocket expense.
Real discounts for buying merchandise at Zappos.
Happy hours, social events, sport events, parties, out of office outings and anything you can think of is a daily happening at Zappos.
Basically it is the kind of Job where you can really say,"I can not believe I get paid to have fun and make friends while actually doing something that I love"
You work with real People!

Cons

The only think that I don't like is that we are constrained in office space

Advice to Management

Tony you have created the Happiest place on earth, thank you!, Disney, I am sorry you are no longer the happiest place on earth.

Other Employee Reviews for The Zappos Family

"Zappos.com really does deliver happiness!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Henderson, NV

Pros

it's a great place to work. they treat everyone with respect and fairness.

Cons

The only downside so far, and this is only a downside to some people, but the work environment is chaotic at times. Random dart gun wars coupled with random parades happening all the time means you have to know how to ignore distractions and focus on your work when a deadline looms. I've been able to adjust well, but some people wouldn't fit in well with that kind of culture.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Is it a revolution in business managment? I hope so and will do what i can to push it forward.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Corporate Operations in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Corporate Operations in Henderson, NV

Pros

- friendly, fun and casual work atmosphere
    - phenomenal benefits package (fully paid by the company)
    - great employee discount
    - opportunities to get involved in different functions and areas within the company
    - optional skill-enhancement classes offered to all employees - (accounting, excel, powerpoint, etc)

Cons

- high-interrupt work environment
    - many changes executed rapidly without much forethought or planning
    - long hours
    - partying (drinking) with co-workers is not mandatory but expected nonetheless
    - a lot of those hired into top positions are there because they are CEO's friends not due to competence
    - average age of employee skews young (median age 31ish)
    - easy to disregard a potentially well-qualified employee due to "lack of culture fit"

Advice to Management

company needs to grow up- in terms of structure, policies and overall demeanor. Generally employees are happy but some are terrified to state their true feelings due to being targeted as "anti-Zappos culture"